A CHRISTIAN THOUGHT FOR TODAY
God overflows with love, grace and mercy. God does not give to each of us according to what we deserve. What He gives to us does not reflect our goodness. What He holds from us does not reflect our badness. God is a God who longs to give us, His children, good and life giving things.
Every Monday and Wednesday at 9.00 am in church – liturgy from the Iona Abbey Worship Book.
- 17th February – Those in public life, especially politicians and community leaders: those who live and work in Lanark Close
- 18th February – Entertainers and sportspeople: those who live and work in Lapwing Close
- 19th February – Those who work in the caring and medical professions, education and the media: those who live and work in Laurel Walk
- 20th February – Those who work in commerce and banking, the legal professions and the leisure industry: those who live and work in Leonard Way
- 21st February – The retired and the unemployed: those who live and work in Lintott Gardens
- 22nd February – Children throughout the world: those who live and work in Little Comptons
- 23rd February – All families everywhere: the work of the worldwide Mothers’ Union: those who live and work in Livingstone Road
Members of our congregation, family and friends who are ill or recovering – Ann Smith, Bernadette, Sonia & John Smith, Terry Clark, Enid Hayward, Rebecca Swyer, Fiona & Jay, Ryan Nulty, John White (Ann Rolfe’s brother-in-law), Anne Lucas
Pray that a new youth worker will be found for the Parish as the recruitment process continues.
RIP: Janet Palmer, Roger Beaumont, Tracy Swan
NB – Some names have been removed from the prayer list. The idea is to keep people on the list for 6 weeks and then to remove them, unless there is a special request for further prayer.